CWGK materials speak to important themes in U.S. History and Social Studies classrooms at all levels.
CWGK has published two complete document readers and multimedia classroom activity packets, instantly accessible as printable PDFs supplemented by online multimedia activities.
For overviews of CWGK materials available for student research projects, browse the Subject Guides for:
- Food, Farming, and the Domestic Economy
- Coal, Gas, and Petroleum
- Slavery and Capitalism
- Military History
- Guerrilla Warfare
To facilitate the use of the edition by instructors and learners, CWGK is building thematic pages to supplement and inspire lesson planning. Each page below will contain a short contextual paragraph, primary source documents, big picture questions, and suggested activities for use in the classroom.
Themes Available Soon:
- True Crime
- The Meaning of Union!
- Women at War
- Agriculture on the Border
- Introduction to Primary Sources
- Mental Health
- Free African Americans
- Were there 5 Governors during the Civil War?
- What is a Border State?
- 1862: The Fall of Frankfort
- Holiday Editions (Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas)