CWGK materials speak to important themes in U.S. History and Social Studies classrooms at all levels.
To facilitate the use of the edition by instructors and learners, CWGK is building thematic pages to supplement and inspire lesson planning. Each page below will contain a short contextual paragraph, primary source documents, secondary literature, and classroom activities.
- Introduction to Primary Sources
- The Meaning of Union
- Women at War
- True Crime
- Agriculture on the Border
- Religion Divided
- Tell the Story
- Kentucky Energy
- Women's Political Economy
CWGK has published two complete document readers and multimedia classroom activity packets, instantly accessible as printable PDFs supplemented by online multimedia activities.
- The Caroline Chronicles
- "Where I Now Stand:" The Trials of Robert Buffum
- The 1864 Presidential Election: A Hands on Experience in Civil Engagement